The reality is that many of us find ourselves feeling tired or run-down at some point during our day. Experiencing this lack of energy could affect your daily activities and make you less productive.
So if you find yourself slumped over your desk at work or daydreaming about a powernap, try one of these energy-boosting snacks instead of drowning yourself in yet another cup of coffee. These will provide you with enough stamina to power through the day and they are easy to prepare and take on the go!
6 Great Energy Packed Snacks
- Vegetables And Hummus. Don't be afraid to get creative with your intake of veggies and then add a source of protein like hummus for a satisfying and snack with staying power. Vegetables are packed with good carbs and fiber as well as vital nutrients and vitamins all of which can help fill you up and add nutrition to your diet.
- Yogurt And Granola. Granola's perfect mix of grains, nuts, and dried fruit is the ideal crunchy complement to a deliciously creamy, protein-packed yogurt. If you tend to like your yogurt a little sweeter, consider stirring in a dab of honey or sliced fresh berries.
- Whole Grain Crackers And Guacamole. Guacamole is a delicious dip usually made from avocado, onion, garlic and lime juice. It is packed full of fiber, potassium and monosaturated fats, all of which promote good heart health. This healthy pairing is sure to get you past the mid-afternoon slump.
- Mixed Nuts. Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and cashews are a great snack that is packed with nutrients to promote energy. The combination of protein, healthy fats and carbs will provide an ideal release of energy during the day. Nuts are high in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals that not only will increase energy levels but also aids with inflammation and antioxidant protection.
- Trail Mix. Trail mixes have the ability to either help you or hurt you depending on the ingredients inside. Choose a mix that contains a variety of nuts and dried fruits over any of the sugary additions that are often found in these mixes. The ideal variety of nuts and dried fruits will provide you with the ideal combination of unsaturated fats, fiber, and protein. The fiber in this type of mix will keep you full longer, the protein inside will slow down the metabolism of carbs and stretch out their release of energy, as well as the fats providing you long-lasting energy.
- Chocolate Milk. In a recent study, it was found that chocolate milk may be as good, or possibly even better than a sports drink at helping athletes recover from a demanding workout. Chocolate milk has the optimal ratio of carbohydrates to protein, which helps refuel tired muscles. Not to mention the times that we feel tired due to dehydration, thus chocolate milk can assist you in rehydrating your body.
Even though all foods can give you some form of energy, there are ideal foods that contain nutrients that could help increase your energy levels and maintain your alertness and focus throughout the day.
The next time you spend hours being motivated and productive only to find yourself run down and exhausted at some point in the day and you are tempted to reach for any form of sustenance to soothe your weary soul, decide instead to be prepared with the perfect energy-packed snack.