Nutrition counseling is a form of assessment or counseling that considers various health needs in regard to diet and exercise. A nutritional counselor will assist you in setting achievable health goals and teaching ways to maintain these goals throughout your lifetime.
This type of assessment is beneficial to a wide variety of people and can help with various disorders, improving overall health and wellness.
Reasons To See A Nutritional Counselor
- Improve Your Fitness Level. What you choose to eat impacts many aspects of health, and that includes fitness. Your nutritional counselor will help you set up a nutritious meal plan that can help improve your strength, increase muscle mass, build stamina, improve your strength, and boost your overall fitness. When you know exactly what your body needs to reach your fitness goals, you can skip the frustrating trial and error of trying different dietary components and supplements. Nutrition counselors can also recommend specific fitness programs to aid in meeting the desired goals. Supplements are sometimes recommended for patients who may have a hard time getting the nutrients they need from food.
- A Healthy Lifestyle. Simply put, nutrition is a critical part of a healthy lifestyle. Without good nutrition, you won't have the energy needed to make it through the day. Without proper nutrition, your health can decline and make you more susceptible to illness and disease.
- Make Healthy Habits That Last. When you partner with a nutritional counselor, you will gain tools and learn habits that last for the long haul. When you learn about proper nutrition and how to apply it to your daily wellness plan, you’ll have the knowledge to make better choices. When you make drastic dietary changes, it can lead to short-term success, but not always lifelong changes. Nutritional counselors offer their expert advice for reasonable, positive changes that make a real difference in your life and your health.
- Discover New Foods. Often, when people assume that attaining better health through nutritious food means living on vegetables and seeds. The truth is that there are so many delicious foods that are sources of the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that we need to stay healthy. Nutritional counseling can help you discover healthy foods and recipes that appeal to even some of the most finicky taste buds and help you learn which foods help you stay fuller longer and as well as curbing the cravings that cause weight gain.
- Aid In Weight Loss. Nutritional counseling is an amazing option for clients who have tried without success to lose weight on their own. With the guidance of a nutrition counselor, you’ll have a better idea of how your body responds to the foods you eat and how to create a meal plan that promotes wellness and weight loss. People who choose to incorporate nutritional counseling lose more weight and tend to keep it off long-term, compared to those who don’t see a nutrition counselor.
- Improved Overall Wellness. Nutritional counselors focus on you as a whole person with the goal of improving your overall health and wellness. With the help of a nutrition counselor, you can use nutrition to increase energy, improve sleep quality, strengthen your immune system, boost mood, and increase concentration.
By working with a nutritional counselor you will receive dietary advice and suggestions based on your individual, changing needs. Individual nutrition counseling takes into account everything from your medical history, food preferences, and lifestyle and then provides you with recommendations tailored to your personal health concerns.
Contact us today! We offer over 60 classes weekly in both our state of the art studios. We update the schedule monthly to accommodate our member's needs.