It always seems that the New Year is a time that offers us all a fresh new outlook and the perfect opportunity to start the year with optimism and hope to improve our lives.
Health and wellness is a journey that requires dedication and commitment but a healthy lifestyle is extremely important to control the risk of poor health conditions.
7 Tips For A Healthier You
- Eat Healthy And Fresh. Healthy eating habits are a way to feel your best, increase your energy levels, and stabilize moods. To set yourself for success, start out by making small changes to your diet such as adding new items while eliminating processed food one at a time. Bright colored fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidants that give a boost to your health by removing free radicals that damage your cells. These nutrition-rich superfoods are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber while being low in calories. Make a habit to eat a veggie or fruit at every meal. Pick up a fruit or veggie that you have never tried the next time you shop to add variety and keep eating interesting.
- Hydrate. When the body is dehydrated, it doesn’t run efficiently. Drinking water has plenty of benefits including increasing energy, keep joints lubricated, flushing out toxins, improving skin complexion and boosting immunity. Not to mention improving sleep quality, cognition, and improving mood. If you don’t enjoy drinking plain water, consider infusing it or drinking a non-GMO, herbal tea.
- Reduce Stress. The busy lifestyle followed by so many people these days can give you a lot of stress and, unfortunately, increased stress can take a toll on your health and increase the risk of serious health issues. Find ways that can help you fight stress naturally such as daily exercising or adding meditation to your daily routine.
- Daily Exercise. Research has shown that daily exercise brings enormous benefits to your health including lowering the risk for several diseases, maintain a healthy weight, and adding to your life span. Try to choose exercises you enjoy, but change up the routine to keep it interesting. The simple fact is, the more active you are, the better you will feel and healthier you will be.
- Sleep. For improved mental and physical health you need sleep. Proper sleep will ensure that you make your day more productive. Lack of sleep can also contribute to fatigue, weight gain, and stress. It is important that you make necessary adjustments in your routine to ensure better sleep as studies have shown that adequate sleep reduces stress hormones and will help with weight loss and overall health.
- Schedule Time To Relax. When planning your week, make it a priority to schedule in time for doing your favorite activities as well as spending time with friends and family. Adding quality time and activities with the people who care most about will help you recharge.
- Try To Laugh More. The benefits of laughing more are plentiful and include lowering your blood pressure, easing stress, and strengthening your immune system. Sharing a laugh brings people together and gives you an instant boost to your happiness.
It is all too easy to get the desire to get healthier in the new year only to find that it is overridden by the need for sleep, food, TV, and drinks out with friends. The good news that you can succeed and we have discussed many reasons why it is so worth it! These small changes will get you to your goal!
Contact us today! We offer over 60 classes weekly in both of our state of the art studios. We update the schedule monthly to accommodate the member's needs.