Every aspect of your body is affected by your metabolic health. Your metabolic health is related to the balance in your body. When your metabolic system is working in balance then you will feel distinguishable improvements in your health and wellbeing.
Tips to Improve Your Metabolic Health
- Get Some Sleep. Lack of sleep can decrease the number of calories you burn, change the way you process sugar and disrupt your appetite-regulating hormones.
- Don’t Skip any Meals. Skipping meals can be tempting for people for they think that it is a quick way of losing weight. This way of thinking is really harmful. When you consume too little calories then your body gets convinced that you are running out of food so fat must be stored in order to conserve energy. You should consume the appropriate number of calories which complement your Resting Metabolic Rate. Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day for it improves your metabolism in the morning. Hence, it helps in keeping you energized throughout the day. Your body will not crave high-calorie foods and you will feel fuller. This will make you feel more active and you will be better able to perform your tasks.
- Drink Some Green Tea. Your metabolic health is improved by consuming green tea. Green tea contains a high amount of Catechins. These improve fat oxidation, improve thermogenesis (the number of calories that your body burns while it digests), and reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. Green tea gives you a healthy amount of caffeine. This will help you get through your day without feeling exhausted.
- Build Some Muscle Mass. Cardio is generally the faster route when it comes to quickly burn calories and weight loss. Although cardio should be an integral component of everyone's workout routine, the importance of weight training shouldn't be ignored. Your fat cells burn fewer calories than your muscle cells. Hence, by building muscle mass, you will be boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate and improving your metabolic health. You need to ensure that every time you hit the fitness cycle or the treadmill, you also hit the weight for an equal amount of time. This will help you in steadily increasing your metabolic health by increasing your muscle mass.
- Add More Protein to Your Diet. In comparison to other energy providers such as carbohydrates or fat, protein is more important for it takes longer to be fully digested by your body. This will allow you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. Protein helps in decreasing your cravings and keeping you energized. Your thermogenesis will also be boosted by it. Your muscle mass is also increased by protein consumption. This will lead to a healthier metabolic rate.
- Drink More Water. Drinking at least 48 ounces of cold water every day leads to a better Resting Metabolic Rate. When you drink cold water, your body utilizes energy for bringing the water to the temperature of your body. Drinking 48 ounces of cold water every day can help in boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate to burn 50 additional calories daily. Over the course of time, this can make a huge difference. It can help in improving your metabolic health as a whole and improving your weight loss.
Making small lifestyle changes and incorporating these tips into your routine can increase your metabolism.
Contact us today! We offer over 60 classes weekly in both our state of the art studios. We update the schedule monthly to accommodate members needs.