More then ever people are recognizing that therapeutic massage has a wide range of benefits. Massage can help to relieve pain after a workout, detoxify your body, help you sleep better and even help you look younger. Let's discuss some of the reasons that people choose to get a massage and reap the health benefits!
Benefits Of Therapeutic Massage
- Reduce Post Exercise Pain. There is evidence that massage therapy is able to provide relief from inflammation, and this is often the culprit behind post-workout aches and pains. When inflammation is reduced then the pain is as well, working similarly to how anti-inflammatory medication helps to bring swelling go down.
- Better Sleep. Millions of people have longed for a decent night’s sleep on a restless night. Adequate sleep is how the human body recharges its internal battery, both physically and mentally. Regular massage therapy can help to reduce tension and positively impacts the functions of the muscular, circulatory, nervous and even immune systems all at once and as a result sleep quality is improved.
- Better Healing From Injury. A large number of people have experienced a surgical procedure or injury, at some point in their life, that requires rehabilitation and can understand how a skilled professional in massage therapy can play a dramatic role in the recovery process. Therapeutic massage can help to repair damaged soft tissue in or around an incision, break up any scar tissue that may have formed and can even deter the formation of that scar tissue in the first place before it compromises muscle functions. Massage can provide improved circulation and nourishment to injured muscles and the results can be dramatic.
- Can Help You Appear More Youthful. Massages stimulate blood flow and lymphatic drainage, both of which can plump skin and add vitality to your complexion. Many people call it the natural facelift since massage can reduce puffiness, creates a brighter skin tone and will also increase collagen production, which prevents the formation of wrinkles.
- Detoxifies The Body. Routine therapeutic massage practices can yield some very positive biological and restorative results. Therapeutic massage remains a key step in the elimination of unnecessary acids in the body. However, stress is a constant enemy and produces more acid than the body needs or can manage or eliminate, that's where therapeutic massage can assist the body.
- Improved Body Mechanics. Therapeutic massage aids the improvement of range of motion, as well as increase joint flexibility. When joints are more fluid, they are much less prone to injury. When the range of motion is improved, there is less joint and muscle stress. Not to mention that when blood flow is stimulated then long-time aches and pains start to dissipate. Muscles, ligaments, joints, and tendons will suddenly feel better, and with less pain then the body has renewed flexibility as well.
- Improved Overall Wellness. Many people combine massage therapy into their regular health and wellness plan and often find that it improves their overall health and well-being. The majority of people feel rejuvenated post-massage and enjoy both the physical and emotional benefits that massage can bring.
Not all massage is created equal, but expert therapeutic massage is beneficial for every lifestyle and focuses on maintaining and improving the working order of both the mind and body.